Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Ed Croke

Today I met the dentist who is going to give me a free tooth.
A really good dentist who graduated from Columbia is going to give me a free implant.
I am overflowing.

This came about because I felt impressed to share my sad dental history with one of the volunteers at El Sol, who turns out to be a very wealthy man who plays golf with a very wealthy periodontist.
Ed called up a meeting with Dr. Feldman, and now I am his patient, 100% pro-bono.

When Ed called to relay the news, I wept.

Dr. Feldman also wants to find someone who will do pro-bono orthodontic care. I am not exactly sure if it is something that I want. I have grown to accept my wonkey tooth.

Living in poverty isn't easy, but you really do meet the greatest people and experience the greatest kindnesses. At least if you are open to it.




No comments:

Post a Comment